Lee’s Summit CARES
Empower your Staff
Give Back through Your Business
We provide professional workshops to help you provide education and support to your staff and volunteers.
Lee’s Summit CARES Offers Parenting Training Opportunities to the Business Community.
Why are parenting classes considered a prevention resource?
A parenting class provides training, education, resources, and tools for area businesses to create a better line of communication, a stronger bond, and help get families talking about issues. As an educational tool, the parenting class is identified as a Primary Prevention Strategy.
- This class can be delivered once or on a scheduled recurring basis.
- They can be done in your office or a virtual classroom.
- They can be scheduled as a Lunch & Learn or at another time of day that might work for your office.
What Types of Topics Can Be Included?
We provide a wide variety of topics, including the following categories
- Introduction to Parenting
- Navigating School and Sports
- Coping with Change, Trauma or Difficult Topics
- Building a Nurturing Home
Click Here to View Videos of these topics, and choose a presentation that works for your audience!
Who Can Benefit From Our Parenting Classes?
- Daycare providers
- Home school educators
- LSR-7 educators and administrators
- Neighborhood groups or Moms Clubs
- Hospital staff or care providers
- Church staff or youth group coordinators
- Corporate offices who provide ongoing programming for staff
- PTA groups
- Girl Scout and Boy Scout leaders
- Youth sports coaches and volunteers
- Parks & Recreation family programming
Alcohol Retailer Training
Lee’s Summit CARES Provides Resources and Training for Businesses Who Sell Alcohol.
As a way to reduce underage drinking, we coordinate with Lee’s Summit Police Department to help connect local retailers with training to help keep employees and front-line workers informed. Alcohol Retailer Training is a program provided to Lee’s Summit merchants that will assist your employees in selling and serving alcohol per the dictates of state statutes. This is a 45 min training session. A certificate of completion is provided after the training.
Alcohol Beverage Retailers (bars, restaurants, cafes, liquor grocery, and convenience stores) are key in preventing youth access to alcohol.
If you are interested in scheduling an Alcohol Retailer Training session for your employees please contact us at LSCgetintouch@gmail.com